Re: Is ASCE desperate for cash flow?

Chris, it came in snail mail in a big envelope and it's definitely from ASCE. Publisher's Clearinghouse Style.

-g

On 10/31/07, Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com> wrote:

On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Dennis Wish wrote:

> My wife opened the mail today and left a certificate for ASCE on my
> desk that stated "ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) By
> Action of the Board of Direction (or should this be Director's) MY
> NAME has been 'elected' Affiliate Member……"
I'd really be surprised if the ASCE would notify you by e-mail of
something in such poor english. Laughably bad english is the hallmark
of all the phishing and assorted send-me-money scams coming from
Africa. You can probably check the headers to see where it actually
came from. It couldn't possibly be the ASCE. They wouldn't even have
your e-mail address.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org