Re: Is ASCE desperate for cash flow?

Christopher Wright wrote:

On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Dennis Wish wrote:

My wife opened the mail today and left a certificate for ASCE on my desk that stated “ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) By Action of the Board of Direction (or should this be Director’s) MY NAME has been ‘elected’ Affiliate Member……”
I'd really be surprised if the ASCE would notify you by e-mail of something in such poor english. Laughably bad english is the hallmark of all the phishing and assorted send-me-money scams coming from Africa. You can probably check the headers to see where it actually came from. It couldn't possibly be the ASCE. They wouldn't even have your e-mail address.
Chris, this is two separate "messages." The first was a mailed solicitation from ASCE, the second was an example of a phishing-scam email that Dennis got. He was comparing them, but you're (unwittingly) conflating them.