RE: Mathcad vs. Matlab

I use MathCAD all the time. It is quite useful in conjunction with Excel.
Matlab is very expensive. Symbolics is a costly add-on. For symbolics I use
MathCAD and, if necessary, Maple. Matlab doesn't have a particularly good
interface like MathCAD. MathCAD is designed for presentation and looks very
nice. I find it very useful for justifying my spreadsheets. It is not
particularly good for tabular presentations the way Excel is, however. It
also makes for nice reuse of calculations.

When I came to this company I found them using MathCAD for complete
calculation packages. 100 - 250 page calculation files with Risa output in
appendices.

Mark E. Deardorff, SE
R & S Tavares Associates, Inc
9815 Carroll Canyon Road
Suite 206
San Diego, CA 92131
Phone: 858-444-3344
Phone: 209-863-8928
mark(--nospam--at)rstavares.com
www.rstavares.com

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY  NOTICE:
This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and
proprietary information and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected
by law. It may be read and used solely by the intended recipient(s), and any
review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to the
sender and delete this e-mail, including any attachments, from your system
immediately without reading, copying or distributing them. Thank you for
your cooperation. R&S Tavares Associates Inc. and its client retain all
proprietary rights they may have in the information.