From: Bob Freeman [mailto:robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: biofuels and further off-topic

Hi Bill and Chris:

Regarding biofuels and dwindling world oil supplies:

Saudi Arabia did a survey nearly a year ago.  What they found has not been
scientifically explained, that I am aware.  They found that the levels of
crude oil in the ground in each of their oil fields was the same as it was in
the 1970's.  They expected to find appropriate depletion since they pump
millions of barrels a week (the actual number I do not know).

Does this change the debate about biofuels?  What is the exact urgency, since
we know that at some point in the future the supply of oil will be depleted.
I am reminded of a book I read in 1968 which stated that the world supply of
oil will be gone in 15 or 20 years.  No, don't go there, it was not written
by Albert Gore, Jr.

One of my big concerns is refineries.  This year the United Stated began
importing gasoline in addition to crude oil.  Which direction is the United
States moving?  Looks to me like more dependence, rather than less, even with
the benefit of biofuels.

Respectfully,

Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT