Re: biofuels and further off-topic

Haan, Scott M POA wrote:
Not to be a conspiracy theorist but maybe the reason more refineries aren't
being built is the oil companies don't think they'll get a return on the
investment.
It is hard to say what the truth is.  I think I watched Road Warrior one too
many times when I was a teenager.
Try public opposition. Who wants to live next to a refinery or have one expand? Who wants one that will require water or discharge treated water into the nearby pristine waters of the lake, river,ocean, etc? We all want cheap energy but don't want what could be involved. This not only applies to refineries, but to just about all new power plants including alternative energy (wind farms off Nantucket, solar arrays in New Mexico, etc.)