From: Drew Morris [mailto:dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: biofuels and further off-topic

Haan, Scott M POA wrote:
> Not to be a conspiracy theorist but maybe the reason more refineries
> aren't being built is the oil companies don't think they'll get a
> return on the investment.
>
> It is hard to say what the truth is.  I think I watched Road Warrior
> one too many times when I was a teenager.

Try public opposition.  Who wants to live next to a refinery or have one
expand?  Who wants one that will require water or discharge treated
water into the nearby pristine waters of the lake, river,ocean, etc?  We
all want cheap energy but don't want what could be involved.  This not
only applies to refineries, but to just about all new power plants
including alternative energy (wind farms off Nantucket, solar arrays in
New Mexico, etc.)