Modeling and results

FEM modeling experts.

I am modeling a building, trying to get the most information I can out
of one model.  So I am putting in plates for walls, and looking for
stresses.  I realize some things about my model in these regards.
Since the walls are connected to the beams, the walls are taking up
stresses also similar to beams.  So in fact, I think I need to
approach the combined walls and beams in a strut-tie direction so that
I can make sure that by taking this type of short-cut instead of
looking at beams taking up entire wall loads as simple continuous
beams with uniform loading applied....

What are the experts doing in these regards?  Agree with my approach?

Refugio