RE: Earthquake-Proof Design

Title: Message
To make it fully earthquake proof, including non-structural damage, you would need to limit yourself to the elastic range. This means an R of 1.

I am a Trojan, too. We had too many injuries this year. We may have a chance against Cal considering the nosedive they took. But Az and UCLA will be tough. I have grown philosophical about the whole thing. Maybe next year!<g>

Fight on!
Figueroa Tech, Class of '75

Mark E. Deardorff, SE
R & S Tavares Associates, Inc
9815 Carroll Canyon Road
Suite 206
San Diego, CA 92131
Phone: 858-444-3344
Phone: 209-863-8928

mark(--nospam--at)rstavares.com

www.rstavares.com

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY  NOTICE:
This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected by law. It may be read and used solely by the intended recipient(s), and any review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and delete this e-mail, including any attachments, from your system immediately without reading, copying or distributing them. Thank you for your cooperation. R&S Tavares Associates Inc. and its client retain all proprietary rights they may have in the information.