Re: seaint Digest for 2 Nov 2007

> Subject: footings look too big
> From: "Haan, Scott M POA" <Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)poa02.usace.army.mil>
> To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>
> What would you say to a guy who says your footings look too big?

Realistically, you need to discuss why they believe that and educate them
about why these footings are they way that they are (design criteria,
scheduling, tradeoffs, etc.), or take your lumps for a materially
inefficient design. Otherwise, you risk a client being frustrated with
possible excessive costs in your designs which will affect word-of-mouth
advertising and future opportunities with this client.

Paul
--
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.
ph 905 639-9628