Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
WG: footings look too big[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: WG: footings look too big
- From: "alfred mueller" <alfred.mueller(--nospam--at)hmb-ingenieure.de>
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:30:19 +0100
Von: alfred mueller
These are the things, we are spending time for, without any payment. Only proofing, that we are doing our work well.
Von: G Vishwanath
This is a common problem.
Faxes flew fast and furious back and forth. Both I and my colleague were summoned by our management. It took two weeks, and a visit from an academician to whom our management referred the designs for proof checking before our management politely informed the client that the design was in order. A detailed report outlining the reasons for the size of the foundation, a summary of design inputs and output and a copy of the academician's endorsement was also attached.
That report was never read by our client who was later heard remarking to another contractor that this was the last time he was going to engage a Government owned consultancy organisation for any of his projects. He believed we had the capacity to make the richest businessmen go bankrupt !
Life is not easy for us civil/structural engineers.
- Prev by Subject: Re: welded wire fabric for columns
- Next by Subject: Why 0.2 and 1 sec for Ss and S1?
- Previous by thread: Detailing
- Next by thread: Re: question my authority???! Getting way OT