RE: Inexperienced engineers (was Structural Engineering Spreadsheets)

Bob:

I totally agree with you. Here's my philosophy and my piece of advice for inexperienced/young engineer, who sometimes are unsafely "overconfident";

"Never use a software, if you do not fully understand content AND do not know how to do the problem by hand!"

I've known Daniel Li, for several years. He's a licensed SE and a bright man. I've used some of his spreadsheets. A couple of years ago, I pointed out the same problem to him that I was not comfortable using a spreadsheet and not being able to see its formulas. He kindly sent me the copies of the files that were locked but I could "view" the cell's content and formulas.

Regards
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, SE
<k(--nospam--at)hemmatyar.com>