Self-straining Force

In ASCE 7-05, chapter 2 defines T as a "self-straining force." I assume they
are referring to forces induced by temperature changes. What other
"self-straining forces" are there? Aside from me picking up a heavy box?

Mark E. Deardorff, SE
R & S Tavares Associates, Inc
9815 Carroll Canyon Road
Suite 206