Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: California Building Code and the 2006 IBC[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: California Building Code and the 2006 IBC
- From: "Acharya, Suresh" <Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us>
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:26:52 -0800
Check with the jurisdiction, but, assuming you project is non-DSA or non-OSHPD, there will probably be only 3 items that will be different from ASCE-7. [For non-engineers: conventional wood frame construction requirements of IBC have been revised by HCD -- practically all projects of any size now require lateral calculations.]
1. Minimum value of Cs is revised (affects tall builidings only)
2. Builidng separation requirement is added (similar to UBC)
3. Concrete wall out-of-plane deflection of ACI is revised.
There is no grace period after Jan 2008.
If you plan to submit using ASCE-7 ***before*** Jan 2008, I do not see why you can not convince them.
Suresh Acharya, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: California Building Code and the 2006 IBC
- Next by Subject: Re: California Building Code and the 2006 IBC
- Previous by thread: Re: California Building Code and the 2006 IBC
- Next by thread: Re: California Building Code and the 2006 IBC