Los Angeles City 2007 building codes.

Fellow engineers,

Does any one have any information on the new Los Angeles building code amendments?  What structural amendments is the city  making to the building code (2007 CBC)?  As of yet, I have found no information,  and there are all sorts of rumors flying around. I have talked to several supervisors, but no one has any definite answers. And definitely nothing in writing. I cannot base my design on rumors.

We're 7 weeks away from the inception of the 2007 CBC and we're attempting to design our projects without knowing for sure what code to design for. ( Mind you I'm already handicapped for not understanding section 1609, wind loads, and I'm doing just as badly with the seismic part).

 I can't even get a straight answer if the 2007 CBC will be accepted in Los Angeles for now, or will I have to redesign my plans and calculations whenever the amendments come out?  What a way to run a business. How do I explain to my client that he'll have to pay me twice for redesigning?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Vidikan, PE