RE: Los Angeles City 2007 building codes.

Posts from earlier today…

Andre,

Check with the jurisdiction, but, assuming you project is non-DSA or non-OSHPD, there will probably be only 3 items that will be different from ASCE-7. [For non-engineers: conventional wood frame construction requirements of IBC have been revised by HCD -- practically all projects of any size now require lateral calculations.]

1. Minimum value of Cs is revised (affects tall builidings only)

2. Builidng separation requirement is added (similar to UBC)

3. Concrete wall out-of-plane deflection of ACI is revised.

See-

http://www.icbolabc.org/minutes/Structural%20Committee/2007%20LARUCP%20STRUCTURAL%20AMENDMENTS%20version2007-09-14.pdf

There is no grace period after Jan 2008.

If you plan to submit using ASCE-7 ***before*** Jan 2008, I do not see why you can not convince them.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.