Re: MATHCAD: Anyone Else Not Getting the Warm 'n' Fuzzies from PTC?

Yo.  Love those hardcore Mac users.

Like me,

Ralph

In a message dated 11/7/07 8:32:16 PM, chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com writes:
On Nov 7, 2007, at 8:48 PM, Bill Polhemus wrote:

> Ho-kay, so nobody cares but me. Fine, I'll continue my conversation
> with myself, then.
Actually I do care--sort of--because I got pushed around by Mathsoft
myself. I bought a copy of MathCAD when they came out with a port for
the Mac. It was a piece of crap--unstable and generally ugly. After
repeated crashes I called them up and got no help and some
patronizing marketing droid told me I should get a PC. To my
everlasting credit I did not get abusive beyond telling the guy I'd
rather not, although I was pretty hot under the collar when I hung up
the phone. In fact I'd far rather work with a Mac that doesn't have
MathCAD than with a PC that does.

Eventually Mathsoft dropped the Mac version because it wasn't any
good and no one bought it. A few years later they tried again, but
the newer version was also a piece of crap which wouldn't sell.
Mathsoft or whatever they call themselves probably has some hurt
feelings about the effort they put in, but that's their problem. I've
learned to get along nicely with Excel and if I need more stooch I'll
buy Mathematica Lite or Real Basic or something else.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

See what's new at http://www.aol.com