Re: Anchorage to concrete

I design a lot of projects with large tension loads on anchor rods to
the footing.  In order to make the anchor rods work I am constantly
having to increase the strength of the concrete/anchor rods or both
and use a much greater edge distance.  You are right -- the equations
are very cumberson with lots of "ifs" to them.  I use a spreadsheet to
help me and it was a nightmare to construct.

Jim Persing