Re: MATHCAD: Anyone Else Not Getting the Warm 'n' Fuzzies from PTC?

Ditto.
About 7 years ago I bought Mathcad light for about $150.  Easily enough for me as I don't need to graph a differential equation.  Had a few small questions which they were happy to answer.  Can't justify $900, (or whatever it is) + upgrades.  I'll just use Excel and complain.

Bill Polhemus wrote:
> When Mathcad was synonymous with "Mathsoft, Inc." I found that it was
> pretty easy to get customer support on typical issues like
> installation and media bug-a-boos, licensing, etc.
>
> Now that they've gone over to PTC, it's like dealing with Microsoft.
> No, worse, it's like dealing with Software AG or one of these other
> big, impersonal B2B outfits that don't even reckon with "small fry"
> like a single user. Everything's geared toward big corporate accounts.
> They don't even sell Mathcad in "boxes" anymore, if you want a single
> copy you have to get a Digital Download, and they fob it off on
> Digital River.
>
> I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say I paid almost $300
> for the Mathcad 14 upgrade, then needed to reinstall but I can't get
> anyone there to help me re-download the software, etc. It's just nuts,
> like I've flushed that money down the toilet or something.
>
> Anyone else have similar problems dealing with these people?
Ho-kay, so nobody cares but me. Fine, I'll continue my conversation with
myself, then.

I finally got with someone at PTC who was able to help me. They were at
a loss as to why I couldn't log on to any other part of their site, and
suggested I contact User Support blab-blah-blah. Sure, I'll do that next
time I have a couple of hours to kill hanging near the phone for when
they finally answer (and here's hoping it's someone whose native
language is U.S. English).

So, here it is a couple of days later, and I checked and found that
there is a service update for the software. I go there to download the
service update and lo and behold, you have to enter a login just to
download. Tried all the logins I could come up with, nothing works.
Can't get the service release.

Tragic.

I miss Mathsoft very, very, VERY much.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp