From: charles(--nospam--at)advanceeng.net
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wind drift
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 08:07:30 -0800

How can deflection from wind forces be different from deflection from seismic forces?  Deflection is deflection.

I would think that any excessive deflection, no matter what the source, would eventually cross the threshold from serviceability to life safety.

And I think that once the IBC starts telling me how to design for wind forces, then the establishment of some upper limits is the logical next step.

But there I go using that “logic” word again… ß Sorry my caffeine hasn’t kicked it yet.