Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fiber reinforced slab[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Fiber reinforced slab
- From: "Bob Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:34:00 -0800
Check with the manufacturer for amount of fibers to use to depend on your client’s desired results and budget.
You may not want to recommend substitution of fibers for steel reinforcement. It does not give you a slab of similar quality at all.
Another question may be the material selected for fibers. There are metallic fibers to evaluate in addition to fiberglass, nylon, or others.
Keys for slab design include:
Sub grade preparation and compaction
Reinforcement at center of slab
Crack control joints at close spacing (15’ o/c both ways is what I like to use)
Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Fiber Reinforced slab
- Next by Subject: Re: Fiber Reinforced slab
- Previous by thread: RE: Fiber Reinforced slab
- Next by thread: snow drift and adjacent buildings