Re: Fiber Reinforced slab

We simply don't allow it for anything but early-cure microcrack control. Anything that is substituted for WWR needs to be structural fibers (Strux or similar) or steel fibers.  Just because a contractor is willing to admit that he won't place your bars or WWR in the right place doesn't mean that he can substitute whatever he thinks will get him past the 1 year warranty period.

Surprisingly, the manufacturer of the product will likely be extremely helpful in assisting you with the spec.  This is one instance where the manuf. is on your side - their goal is to sell admixtures, and will be less likely than the ready mixer or the GC to skimp on the product. Check with Euclid Chemical or one of the other admixture manufacturers, and see if they have a 1:1 replacement for your preferred steel percentage.
Jordan

Jason Christensen wrote:
I have a client wishing to put a fiber reinforced slab in a small office
building.  The slab on grade is 4" thick.  Reinforcing will be for
temperature/crack control only.  I have never called this out, we
typicall call out #4 at 24"oc each way w/ f'c=3000psi.  I am not sure
how to spec this on my drawings.  Is there a typical poundage per mix?
I guess the question is which is the best way to spec it on the my
plans?

Jason