Re: Transfer force of large tie beam

Jordan,

Thanks again for your response.  I really appreciate it.

I don't understand your description of the angles.  I was thinking of 4
rods, 2 rows and 2 columns.  I would put a vertical angle tying the two
rows together on each side of the anchor bolt group.  This would be easy
to get concrete around.  I hesitate on a horizontal angle because I think
there is too high a potential for a void somewhere.  I may tie the two
vertical angles together with some flat bars.  I would then wrap all of
this in a rebar cage for the pier.

You figured out my pattern for the email address.  Actually, it's been a
while since I had to change addresses.  I think they have done better at
deleting the spam off the server.  I guess it now comes from harvesting
them from the archives.  I occasionally change my email address to prevent
some of the spam.

Rich