RE: Transfer force of large tie beam

Andrew,

Thanks for your repsonse.

No, the PEMB frame does not sit on a wall.  It sits on a pier, part of the
slab foundation system.  The tie beam is under the slab on ground.

I briefly considered a shear lug earlier today and dismissed it.  I think
I will revisit that idea.  I could have a plate set in the wet concrete
with the shear lug and weld the column base plate to the embedded plate.
That way I can control the edge distance for the concrete breakout better.
 Right now I have inset girts which puts the first anchor bolts close to
the edge.

Rich