RE: Transfer force of large tie beam

I’m not an engineer; but stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, and would hazard that you’d probably end up with cracks in the slab.

From: James Hannah [mailto:jvhannah(--nospam--at)insightbb.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 8:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Transfer force of large tie beam

To: Harold Sprague or anybody else that has information to add,

In your response and in Butler's foundation manual, you suggest a space between the slab on grafe and the tie beam and you mention not allowing the bond beam to be bond ed to the slab on grade.  In a word why?  I am looking for additional info on why they should not be done in one placement of concrete.  The people who design our slab and bond beams usually just show them as one placement of concrete.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jim Hannah