Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
QUESTION REGARDING GLB REINFORCING?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: QUESTION REGARDING GLB REINFORCING?
- From: "Mike Hokama" <m_hokama(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:00:45 -0800
I am working on a restaurant job that has an arched glulam roof beam with signficant dryrot damage at the last 6 feet or so. Tyring to look at all options I was thinking about reinforcing it with 20'-0" long steel channels on each side and then welding the channels to a TS column. The bolted connection between the channels and the glb would obviously have to develop a moment to carry the roof loads. However, I remember in a wood course way back that although it is possible, a moment splice in a beam is not recommended and very difficult to correctly analyze. Any thoughts or recommendations or warnings. (see attached pdf) If the pdf is not postable I can email directly.
Thanks in advance,
Description: Adobe PDF document
- Prev by Subject: Re: question my authority???! Getting way OT
- Next by Subject: Re: QUESTION REGARDING GLB REINFORCING?
- Previous by thread: RE: Reclaim Concrete Tunnel
- Next by thread: Re: QUESTION REGARDING GLB REINFORCING?