Re: Revit Structural

Scott Maxwell wrote:
Supposedly, Micro$oft will stop offering XP OEM licenses to computer
manufacturers and retail licenses next summer
I'm fortunate in that my wife is a teacher and can purchase installation CDs every year. I've actually got more Windows XP Professional licenses right now than I have computers to put them on!

I expect that within the next five years they will get the bugs worked out of Vista - probably about the second fixpak or so, if past history is any guide. I cannot claim any reasonable level of information regarding Vista because, as I said, the one license I have (for "Vista Small Business Edition") installed on my computer but it does not recognize half the crucial elements like networking or the video subsystem beyond the most rudimentary settings, and I just haven't had time to sit down and work all the bugs out of it.

The system I am using has a two year old MoBo, an AMD 4600+ dual-core processor, 3GB of RAM and a 160GB HD dedicated only to Vista. The "Vista Preinstall Tool" gives me green check-marks all the way across the board, but nonetheless it doesn't work. And I don't know what Vista would have that I would find indispensable anyway. Eventually, we'll be using it only because Microsoft decrees that it be so.