Re: Strawbale engineering (was: sust. engr)

It has been about 9 years since I designed and personally built a 1.5 story straw bale house in Fallbrook,CA.

At the time, the State had one page of specifications which gave minimum amounts of wall reinforcing, roof-to-wall ties, etc. and directions for the local building dept. to issue a building permit if the plans showed these items.

Everything worked out well and I can provide plans and photos.
I sold the house and I believe it escaped the recent fires.
I am now thinking of building another straw bale house in Three Rivers, CA

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA
Save hundreds on getting a Web Design Degree. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iigg2AcpNs5gcTvb8e2A0gje9DEPqu00gW8d6bEC0Er00wRnt/