Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Expansion Joint in Tunnel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Expansion Joint in Tunnel
- From: Samiappan Srinivasan <ssrinivasan(--nospam--at)lntecc.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:30:39 +0530
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Cc: Surendra Babu Jaldu <surendra(--nospam--at)lntecc.com>
We are having 50m long tunnel connected between two buildings at raft foundation level. Building sizes are approximately 50m x 50m and building has one basement hence tunnel is connected between basements and entirely buried in soil. And water table is 3m above bottom of tunnel as per geotechnical report. We are not providing any Expansion Joint, is it acceptable or not?
Also We are having underground car parking structure approximately 500m long, 60m wide and top of roof slab is 1.5m below ground level. We have not provided any expansion joint in raft but expansion joint is provided every 50m c/c above raft. Request you to comment on the proposal whether it is ok or not?
Can anybody having the design experiences share some knowledge?
Thanks in advance.
"This Message and its contents is intended solely for the addressee and is proprietary.Information in this mail is for L&T Business Usage only. Any Use to other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of L&T ECC.If you are not the addressee please return the mail to the sender.L&T ECC DIVISION"
- Prev by Subject: RE: Equivallent Frame Method for RC shear walls
- Next by Subject: Re: Expansion Joint in Tunnel
- Previous by thread: New IBC conversion and Structural notes
- Next by thread: Re: Expansion Joint in Tunnel