Re: Wind Uplift on Footings

Check 1621.1, 2nd paragraph.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB

At 12:57 PM 11/20/2007, you wrote:
Am I hallucinating or is there a provision in the UBC for a F.S.>1.5 against
uplift?

For some reason, I can't find that requirement. I found it for sliding and
overturning relative to retaining walls, but not uplift on footings. I'm
reviewing shop drawings for a lightweight shade structure.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers