From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Responsiblity for local conditions

Dennis-
Burbank had (and hopefully still has) the City divided into 4 quadrants
and had soil tests done for each. They then provided the data for anyone
to use upon paying a small fee (less than $100 as I recall) to use the
data and to repay them for having the tests done. I believe this was
only for residential and small commercial projects.

It has never made much sense to me for an owner to have to pay about
$2000 for a soil test for a residential addition when one was done a few
months earlier at a site next door or a couple of houses away- and this
is what is required in some cities.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Click for free info on java training and make up to $150K/ year.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieaAAm9dFzXCwMqGhE5epJ
cNi6PPlnpsEcg02rLMG97EZjpR/