From: Mark Gilligan [mailto:m_k_gilligan(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wind Speeds in California

Section 1705.4 of the 2007 CBC requires the statement of special
inspection to address wind requirements when the basic wind speed is 110
mph or higher for exposure categories C or D.

The basic wind speed in California is 85 mph except for special wind
regions.  Ref Figure 1609.

Does anybody know what the basic wind speeds are in the special wind
regions in California and if any of them exceed 110 mph?