From: "sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com" <sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:43:15 PM
Subject: Re: Responsiblity for local conditions

Dennis-
Burbank had (and hopefully still has) the City divided into 4 quadrants and had soil tests done for each. They then provided the data for anyone to use upon paying a small fee (less than $100 as I recall) to use the data and to repay them for having the tests done. I believe this was only for residential and small commercial projects.

It has never made much sense to me for an owner to have to pay about $2000 for a soil test for a residential addition when one was done a few months earlier at a site next door or a couple of houses away- and this is what is required in some cities.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Click for free info on java training and make up to $150K/ year.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieaAAm9dFzXCwMqGhE5epJcNi6PPlnpsEcg02rLMG97EZjpR/

*  Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
*
*  This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*  Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*  subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*
http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*
*  Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
*  send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*  without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*  site at: http://www.seaint.org