Steel SMRF beam connection

Can someone tell me if it is allowed, as part of a steel Special Moment Resisting Frame (SMRF) system, to have a beam with a pre-qualified RBS moment connection at one end of the beam and a simple shear connection at the other end of the beam?  Without getting into details of why we are doing this, I would like to know if having such connections will disqualify the frame from being a SMRF.  If this is not allowed, where is this stated in the CBC or Specifications?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Oscar Henriquez, P.E.

McLean & Schultz

Brea, CA 92801