Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
PEMB foundation uplift[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: PEMB foundation uplift
- From: "Truitt Vance" <Truitt(--nospam--at)AshleyVance.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:22:16 -0800
Looking for some opinion here:
I am designing the pads under some columns on a steel PEMB for uplift:
Is it common to use the dead weight for a reasonable length of the tie beams intersecting the pads under the columns of a PEMB? Is it common to use the weight contribution from a reasonable area of the slab?
If yes, how would you justify that with calcs? (ie: “FBD cut at the location where you assumed the contribution of dead weight ended and design for the self weight?)
Thank you in advance,
Truitt Vance, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: PEMB Foundation - Foundation Resistance to Uplift
- Next by Subject: Re: PEMB foundation uplift
- Previous by thread: RE: Steel SMRF beam connection
- Next by thread: Re: PEMB foundation uplift