Re: CA & WA SE reciprocity

I was told I need 3 years after my CA PE to get a CA SE.  This is why
they don't seem to care about the application schedule. You can't
possible get three years of experience between April and October in
the same year, right?  After all, engineering does not exist outside
CA.  By the time the CA folks told me this, all my patience was gone.
I have not verified the actual rules to determine if this is correct.
I did learn that you should personally verify every statement by
reading the rules.  And yes, I am a little bitter.

By the way, I also recently heard that CA is no longer accepting ABET
accreditation for colleges.  What will happen when people with non CA
degrees start applying for a license in CA?

Now that I have ranted for two days against CA, let me say something
positive.  The 4 hour CA special seismic exam (for PE's) was a better
measure of my engineering abilities than the 24 hours of NCEES exams I
have under my belt.  I don't know why NCEES can't take a few more cues
from CA in their exams.

Jake Watson, SE
Salt Lake City, UT