RE: MODELING: Accounting for a 'Black Box' Supported Structure

I’ve worked on a couple of blast designs but it’s been a year and a half since the last one and I’m no longer current.  Contact Jared Adams at SidePlate Systems (jadams(--nospam--at)sideplate.com).  Jesse Karns at MHP (jkarns(--nospam--at)mhpse.com) is very good; he does a lot of nonlinear dynamic analysis for blast and understands the issues better than anyone else I know.  Either can point you in the right direction if they have time, but I suspect that the answer you will get will be along the lines of mfg building + blast = bad idea. I suppose it depends on the criteria you have for what “blast resistant” means.

Shaun

Shaun Dustin, MS, PE

Doctoral Candidate

USTAR Biofuels Initiative