Wide flange bearing connection

We are designing a W18x40 to bear on a joist girder next to K-series
joist, 14kip end reaction of the W18. The end of the W18 will be coped
down to 2 1/2" to match the joist.  I have checked the shear and moment
of the reduced beam section, designed the dlb L on each side of the W18
and extend them back into the W18 to transfer the 'reaction/bearing
moment' from the reduced section to the full W18 section.  We are still
a little uneasy, and would like any comments on the detail or addition
steel code checks we may have missed.

Thanks

Jason