RE: Wide flange bearing connection

Thanks

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Feather [mailto:PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wide flange bearing connection

Jason,

Typically we would use an angle or bent plate across the full width of
the beam flange, perpendicular to the flange.  The angle or bent plate
extends down like an end plate and welds to the beam, then bears fully
across the girder at least 6 inches by the 6 inch flange.  This can be
extended for heavier loads.

No reduced section, just a hanger of sorts.

Paul Feather PE, SE
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net
www.SE-Solutions.net