Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Another Wind Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Another Wind Question
- From: "Doug Mayer" <doug.mayer(--nospam--at)taylorteter.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:35:10 -0800
- Priority: normal
I’m muddling my way through the ASCE 7-05 wind provisions and I’m not quite sure how to handle a dutch gable, specifically when determining the external pressure coefficient. Would you just consider it a hip roof when determining pressures parallel to the ridge? Or can it be idealized as a gable? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Doug Mayer, SE
Visit our new website at www.taylorteter.com
- Prev by Subject: Announcement of a Seminar on Blast Protection of Bridges
- Next by Subject: Re: Another Wind Question
- Previous by thread: RE: Wide flange bearing connection
- Next by thread: Re: Another Wind Question