Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: wide flange beam to jst girder[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: wide flange beam to jst girder
- From: "Andrew Kester, P.E." <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:53:29 -0500
I agree with Paul on using a hanger type connection, way easier and cheaper than coping the heck out of your beam. Also, no big deal to switch to a WF girder in that one location instead of a joist girder if you need it... I didn't know a joist mfr will provide a full depth angle for you to frame a beam into the side of it, that was good info whoever suggested that. Also remember if you do use a joist girder you need to put the reactions on the drawings for them...
Andrew Kester, PE
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
- Prev by Subject: RE: Why are my messages showing up twice?
- Next by Subject: RE: wide flange beam to jst girder
- Previous by thread: Re: Freezer Building Roof Snow Load
- Next by thread: RE: wide flange beam to jst girder