RE: wide flange beam to jst girder

I agree with Paul on using a hanger type connection, way easier and cheaper than coping the heck out of your beam. Also, no big deal to switch to a WF girder in that one location instead of a joist girder if you need it...  I didn't know a joist mfr will provide a full depth angle for you to frame a beam into the side of it, that was good info whoever suggested that. Also remember if you do use a joist girder you need to put the reactions on the drawings for them...

Andrew Kester, PE
Principal/Project Manager
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC