Re: underground house

I HIGHLY recommend ICFs.  If you're interested in considering, let me know.  I can tell you everything you'd like to know.
JDC

>>> On 11/29/2007 at 8:47 AM, "Christopher Banbury" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net> wrote:

Hi all.

I’ve been asked to engineer a single story residence that will be built into the side of a hill and covered with earth. The walk-out front elevation will be exposed.

Can someone direct me to some resources that address issues of water proofing, ventilation, egress, etc? The exterior walls will probably be reinforced masonry but I’m not certain of the type and configuration of the roof system.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net