Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
weld symbols[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEA ListServe" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: weld symbols
- From: "Jerry Coombs" <JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:49:13 -0700
For those of you that do a lot of steel work:
Say you have an HSS square shape end butting to the side of another of the same size. Say you want to weld it all around (never mind why). Do you show two weld symbols, one for fillet weld both sides and one for flare bevel both sides? Or do you show one symbol for fillet weld all around, knowing full well it'll get done properly. one symbol makes for a much cleaner detail. In this case, weld stress is not a concern.
- Prev by Subject: re: waterproofing, etc
- Next by Subject: RE: weld symbols
- Previous by thread: Re: threaded rod couplers
- Next by thread: RE: weld symbols