Re: underground house [gettin' pretty OT now]

I spent almost 7 years doing forensic work. 95% of the litigations began with waterproofing problems. Even if you think you know how to design a waterproof system, the only way to be sure it gets constructed properly is to stand there and watch it being done. Water is relentless & almost perfect isn't good enough. IMHO waterproofing should be designed, inspected, & warranted by someone who specializes in it. Believe me, you do not want the liability.
Chuck Utzman, PE