Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sloped Rafter Bearing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Sloped Rafter Bearing
- From: "Doug Mayer" <doug.mayer(--nospam--at)taylorteter.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:21:02 -0800
- Priority: normal
I am doing a light framed building with TJI rafters at 3:12 pitch bearing on an exterior stud wall. What do you think would be the more economical connection: a) TJI bearing on wall with beveled top plate; or b) TJI bearing on Simpson VPA (variable pitch connector) connection to typical double top plate? I think I would still lean towards “a” since I believe the cost of the connectors would still be more than the labor of ripping and installing that extra top plate. However, I am not sure about this and would appreciate any input.
Doug Mayer, SE
Visit our new website at www.taylorteter.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: Slide Rule Era (Cofar metal decking )
- Next by Subject: Re: Sloped Rafter Bearing
- Previous by thread: RE: EnerCalc 6
- Next by thread: Re: Sloped Rafter Bearing