Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Roof Diaphragm Analysis[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Roof Diaphragm Analysis
- From: "mail" <mail(--nospam--at)strand-engineering.com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:37:53 -0500
How do you analyze a roof diaphragm for an extremely “cut-up” roof system typical for large custom wood-frame residences? Do you ignore the different roof pitches and ridge heights and basically treat it as a flat diaphragm (e.g. floor diaphragm) for the purposes of distributing load to the shear walls? Or does the roof pitch contribute to the diaphragm analysis?
Taylor Motley, EIT
- Prev by Subject: Re: Revit Structural (vista/xp)
- Next by Subject: S1 and Ss by address
- Previous by thread: re: variable pitch connectors
- Next by thread: Staggered Plywood roof sheathing