*From:* Jeff Smith [mailto:jeffsmith7(--nospam--at)comcast.net]
*Sent:* Thursday, December 06, 2007 5:08 PM
*To:* seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
*Subject:* RE: Perforated shear walls

As I understand that, it seems that is similar to the old vertical Fp with no provision to anchor the intermediate or window jamb studs to the plate or fndn, at a maximum or 490plf. Wouldn't that introduce cross grain bending in the plate? So bolts at 32" o.c need combined loading with a vertical force of 1307# max.?