Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Perforated shear walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Perforated shear walls
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:25:06 -0800
Or you could provide force transfer around the openings using 10 dollar coil straps...
I have never designed perforated shearwalls before and I am reviewing section 2305.3 of the 2007 CBC and the 2005 AWC design examples. Do understand correctly that a perforated shear wall meeting the requirements and subject to adjustment factors, can be designed with only end wall holdowns and no force transfer detailing around openings?Jeff
- Prev by Subject: Re: Perforated shear walls
- Next by Subject: Re: Perforated shear walls
- Previous by thread: RE: Perforated shear walls
- Next by thread: re: variable pitch connectors