RE: Perforated shear walls

Jason,

The building was built here in St. George this year (which would be IBC 2006).  In fact the building was just completed in the last month or two.  I am just wondering if there is a wood shear wall method that was used for this situation that I am unaware of (or magic).  I have had to design buildings like this before and have had to get the architect to change the wall lengths, use strong walls, or in one case we changed to masonry.

Jeff Hedman , E.I.T.

L.R. Pope Engineers & Surveyors, Inc.

1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B

St. George, Utah  84790