RE: Alternate Braced Walls and SDC D

Gary,
Alternate braced wall panel detail shown on Figure 2308.9.3.2 is not meant
for SDCs D & E. Further, since Table 2308.12.4 requires h/w ratio of 2.0 or
less for each segment (no exception to this so far I know!), those slender
ABPs such as 2'-8" x 10' height which were allowed by UBC are now out of
question.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.