RE: Removing yourself as EOR

I'm not sure you can actually remove yourself as EOR in all jurisdictions.
What if no one was willing to take your place? I imagine more than a few
building officials here in Southern California wouldn't accept a letter or
anything else along those lines. In those cases, I think the only thing one
could do is to point out the discrepancies to the building official, write a
letter and send it via certified mail to the owner that your design has been
violated. I'm speculating here. Maybe a building official can comment.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers